Button Functions on the New ZVOX Remote Control
These appropriately named buttons control the volume.
The Power button switches the ZVOX speaker from STANDBY to On.
The ZVOX speaker enters STANDBY if it is silent for approximately 30 minutes. It will turn back on when the TV sends it a signal (optical input 1), or when you use the ZVOX remote to control power or volume.
Press the INPUT button on the ZVOX remote to select between the speaker’s two inputs.
The choices will be:
Input 1d—Optical Digital
Input 2d—optical digital
Input BOTH - Duel inputs for Voice Recognition systems
Press this button to mute the ZVOX speaker. When MUTE function is active, the display will show a blinking -00- for 20 seconds.
Press and hold Mute places the speaker into headphone mode (HP) for private listening through headphones into the minijack output on the back and to remove the Headphone mode you press and hold Mute again until HP disappears.
There are three SURROUND levels:
• Surround One (“Sd 1”) has low virtual surround effect and strong vocals. Use this setting if vocal clarity is important to you.
• Surround Two (“Sd 2”) has moderate virtual surround effect and moderate vocals. This is the recommended setting for general TV programs.
• Surround Three (“Sd 3”) has strong virtual surround effect and moderate vocals. Many people prefer this setting when watching movies.
Press the AccuVoice button to set the AccuVoice function. On some ZVOX speakers additional presses of the AccuVoice button allow you to set Increased levels of voice enhancement. The setting you select remains the default AccuVoice setting until you decide to change it.
*Holding Accuvoice for 5 seconds enters into Supervoice on AV157 model.
Other Settings Button
The Other Settings button allows Bass and Treble adjustment and turns Output Leveling On and Off.
1) Bass Adjustment: The first press of the Other Settings button displays the current Bass setting. The range of bass adjustment goes from LO 4 to LO-6 (This display is shorthand for Lows plus 4 and Lows minus 6). Use the volume buttons to adjust the bass output across this range. Then wait for the adjustment display to turn off.
2) Treble Adjustment: A second press of the Other Settings button displays the current Treble setting. The range of treble adjustment is HI 4 to HI-4. That is short hand for Highs plus 4 and Highs minus 4. Use the volume buttons to adjust the bass output across this range. Then wait for the adjustment display to turn off.
3) Output Leveling: A third press of the Other Settings button displays the Output Leveling feature. The display will be either OL (Output Leveling engaged) or noOL (Output Leveling off). Use the volume buttons to toggle the Output Leveling feature on or off. Then wait for the adjustment display to turn off. When engaged, Output Leveling prevents large swings in volume. It also reduces volume differences between TV channels on cable or satellite systems. A fourth press of the Other Settings button returns you to the current volume setting and exits Other Settings adjustment.